Everybody loves satay sauce. Sweet and nutty with a little kick – (kinda like Chef Nicole herself!) – it’s also very easy to modify to accommodate most common allergies or dietary restrictions. In the gluten free, dairy free recipe below, you will find options listed to make your satay sauce keto and/or Paleo.
- ¼ c creamy plain nut or seed butter (peanut, almond, cashew, sunbutter)
- ¼ c coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot or white part of green onion
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar/coconut sugar/honey/yacon syrup/erythritol/xylitol
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce/gluten free tamari/coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon sambal/sriracha/chili-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Use immediately or transfer to a small lidded jar. Keeps in refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.