Oh. My. God. I think I just died. Did I die? Because if I’m alive, this super-easy green vegetable curry is heaven on Earth and will leave your tummy singing like an angel! It took me less than 10 minutes to prep AND cook with the ingredients I have on hand, which you will if you have already made your Thai Five Blend from two posts back.
Again, we’re clean-eating here, and while the traditional recipe contains fish sauce, I have made this one vegan for you to build on. But by all means, do NOT hesitate to add chicken, shrimp, or fish if you so desire! Being half-mermaid, I love me some seafood, and I am a meat-eater as well. But the happy California girl in me can get DOWN with her vegetables!
- 3 Tablespoons Thai Five Blend
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 – 3 green chills, depending on how spicy you like it!
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt OR 1 Tablespoon fish sauce for traditional OR 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos for vegan Paleo OR 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1 Tablespoon coconut or palm sugar
- 2 – 3 cups of chopped vegetables of your choosing – mushrooms, onion, eggplant, carrot, summer squash, butternut squash, sweet peppers, sweet potato, green beans – what have you!
- First, toast the cumin and coriander in a nonstick frying pan until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Combine the Thai Five blend, toasted spices, and chilis in a food processor and process until well combined. This is your green curry paste. You will have around 4 tablespoons, enough for 4 curries depending how strong you like your flavor. Sore extra in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
- Pour the can of coconut milk into a 2 quart saucepan over high heat. Stir in the paste, salt, and sugar until thoroughly combined. It should start bubbling at the edges fairly quickly – reduce heat to medium-high when it does.
- Add your onions and harder vegetables first – carrot, sweet potato, etc. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the softer vegetables – peppers, snow peas, eggplant, mushrooms – and simmer for an additional 5 – 8 minutes.
- CAN YOU BELIEVE YOU’RE DONE?! Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, or noodles of your choosing. Delicious!
If I could fit my face into the pan, I totally would right now. I didn’t even MAKE the rice. I ate this like stew – and got healthier for it. And the fact that everything is coming in at the farmer’s market made it all the more local and nutritious – YAY!
What vegetables would YOU use?