Lately, I’ve been craving the tastes of home. You know what I’m talking about – the “mom” flavors that transport you back into the kitchen with her and her always-perfect-temperature-and-consistency glass of iced coffee, iced tea, soda – whatever! Poor Mom – my siblings and I were FOREVER stealing sips and gulps from her drinks. I don’t know if she ever got to enjoy a full glass she poured for herself while us kids were around…
One of my FAVORITE lazy Saturday no-cook lunches had to be my Mom’s Chicken Salad. Super-simple, only four ingredients plus seasoning, but SO DANG GOOD! Now that I’m all Keto all the time, I appreciate it even MORE because of the healthy combination of protein, fats, and flavor.
Now, you can cook up chicken breast individually for this, but I tend to make this from store-bought rotisserie chicken or some other kind of leftover chicken. It’s beyond easy!
- 1 cooked and cooled chicken breast, around 1 pound/450 grams
- ¼ c + 1 Tbsp sugar-free mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion or shallot
- 2 Tbsp minced celery (about half of an outside stalk)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Finely chop or shred the chicken breast and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, celery, and onion and mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper. I prefer Himalayan salt & LOTS of freshly ground black pepper!
- Serve in the edible “vessel” of your choice! In an avocado makes it a great “fat fast” meal, lettuce cups are always a great choice, and this is also a wonderful time to try my Sourdough Keto Buns.
Leave a Reply