I call this cheater’s chimichurri because we skip the hand-chopping usually involved. We instead use a blender or food processor to whip it up, and the flavor and texture results are fantastic!
Chimichurri keeps in the fridge for 1 – 2 weeks and pairs well with just about everything, from simple chicken breasts to steak to shrimp.
Traditional chimichurri requires all the same ingredients – but finely chopped by hand. Make it easier by using a blender or food processor.
Author: Nicole Poirier
Recipe type: Sauce
Serves: 1.5 cups
- 1 c packed parsley
- 1 c cilantro leaves
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic
- 3 chopped green onions
- ¼ c red bell pepper, fresh
- ½ c olive oil
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- Few grinds freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional additions: dill, basil, ½ tsp cumin
- For preserving – 2 Tablespoons additional olive oil
- Combine everything up to additional olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a small jar with lid and top with 2 additional tablespoons olive oil. Keeps in refrigerator for 1 – 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply