Whenever I have extra cooked chicken of ANY type around, I consume a LOT of it in this form. I love that I can get all the flavors of buffalo wings without the deep-frying. Making it with tender, juicy sous vide chicken breasts is the ultimate treat, and the quick and dirty version of buffalo ranch (or blue cheese) dressing may have you forgoing the “salad” part altogether!
Best Buffalo Chicken Salad
All the flavors of buffalo wings without the messy fingers or “I just ate football food” guilt, if you happen to be prone to that! Plus 3 different kinds of vegetables – you can’t go wrong. You can make this Paleo by omitting the blue cheese crumbles and making an easy Paleo ranch out of non-soy mayonnaise, coconut milk, and fresh herbs.
Author: Nicole Poirier
Recipe type: Salad
Cuisine: American, Californian
Serves: 2 servings
- 1 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 4 cups chopped romaine (about ½ of a large head or one standard heart of Romaine)
- ½ c chopped celery
- 1 medium carrot, julienned (about ½ c)
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese
- 1 Tablespoon minced red onion (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons ranch or blue cheese dressing (I prefer sugar free for Keto reasons!)
- 2 teaspoons buffalo hot sauce (Frank’s is the classic, but you can use another)
- Either on a platter or two serving plates, put down a layer of Romaine lettuce.
- Layer the carrots, chicken, celery, blue cheese, and onions on top.
- In a small bowl, combine the Ranch dressing and hot sauce. (Alternately, you can divide into two smaller ramekins for individual dressings on the side as we did in the photo.)
- Drizzle your creamy buffalo chicken on top of the salad and enjoy!
Leave a Reply