Booking an Event
- An electronically signed contract and 50% of the event cost
- is due to secure the date for an event.
Guest Count Guarantee
Clients must specify seven days prior to the event the exact number of guests to be in attendance. This shall constitute a guaranteed minimum.
Chef Nicole always tries to accommodate her clients and changing needs. Guest count changes within reason may be accepted & confirmed up to 5 days prior to the event (dependent on surrounding calendar availability) but are not guaranteed.
Decreases in head count 5 days or less prior to event will be charged the full amount.
Chef Nicole is not responsible for a greater number of people than the guaranteed minimum.
Client may indicate in provided space in contract if and how many “extra” servings of each course they would like to be available as head count insurance to guaranteed minimum.
Dietary Restrictions, Additional Menus & Children’s Pricing
Chef Nicole believes that every belly deserves a delicious meal, regardless of dietary restrictions. Even if there are mixed restrictions in your dining group, Chef Nicole will happily provide what she calls “lowest common denominator cooking” – meaning a meal will be provided that adheres to all provided dietary restrictions.
Separate menus: If a separate menu is requested or required for a small number of attendees, an additional charge will be incurred to accommodate accompanying extra preparation & labor.
Kosher meals: Chef Nicole does not prepare kosher meals, but will be happy to talk about outsourcing a complete prepared and packaged kosher meal for an additional charge if a small number of guests must keep kosher.
Regarding children’s (10yrs and younger) pricing:
- In a buffet setting: 50% of the adult price will be charged
- Plated, but in a smaller child-size amount: 75% of the adult price will be charged
- Plated, specifically designed children’s menu: 100% of adult price
Gratuity is not included but is greatly appreciated! Please pay directly to server or ask that it be added to your billing. Unless otherwise indicated, all gratuities are divided evenly among all attending event staff.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
Rescheduling and cancellation is unfortunately – and hopefully very rarely – a part of life. Chef Nicole does have a few guidelines to bear in mind if this is something that needs to be addressed.
- Specialty food items (caviar, foie gras, specifically ordered imported products, truffles, edible gold leaf, edible flowers, et cetera) are non-refundable
- 8 – 14 days prior to event, 50% of the event cost is non-refundable
- 5 – 7 days prior to the event, 75% of the event cost is non- refundable
- Day of – 4 days prior to event 100% of the event cost is non-refundable. When applicable, delivery of prepared food may be possible, with the understanding that client assumes full responsibility for proper refrigeration and food handling upon receipt.
- Up to 2 days prior to event client may reschedule catered food, however is still liable for the cost of perishable items and incurred additional expenses*. 50% of initial deposit (25% of event total) will be credited towards the new date. If the new date is cancelled, remaining 25% will not be refunded.
- *Additional Expenses: labor, parts, loss of use may be extra.
- ** Note: refunds are the sole discretion of Chef Nicole.
Although an event may be cancelled or rescheduled Chef Nicole reserves the right to to allow for consulting and coordinating when or if determining to allow for a cancellation or refund of any amount or for any reason.